Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Button Press Bug

Button Press Bug
Here's an illustration of the problem I'm currently having while trying to get my breadboard working with the bricktable code.

If no buttons are pressed in a column, the entire column acts as though it is being pressed. When one button is pressed in a column, that button correctly registers as being pressed, and the others in the same column go unpressed. When two buttons in a column are pressed simultaneously, neither is registered as being pressed (the whole column goes unpressed).

Here's how I currently have the matrix rows and columns wired to the ICs. (NB. I switched to the bricktable coordinates so 0,0 is now the top-left button, it used to be the bottom-left one)


Matrix RowMAX pin164 pin
r0DIG 7Q0
r1DIG 6Q1
r2DIG 5Q2
r3DIG 4Q3
r4DIG 3Q4
r5DIG 2Q5
r6DIG 1Q6
r7DIG 0Q7



Matrix ColumnMAX pin165 pin
c0SEG GD7
c1SEG FD6
c2SEG ED5
c3SEG DD4
c4SEG CD3
c5SEG BD2
c6SEG AD1
c7SEG DPD0

4 comments:

Julien Bayle said...

Hi!

I'd like to know more about your 164,165 wiring!

as I wrote on monome forum, I'll make quickly a kicad schematics to show you mine.

talk/write soon,
Julien

Tomasz Kaye said...

Hi, what would you like to know?

(I'm reluctant to make a schematic until it's working correctly, to avoid publishing confusing information)

Julien Bayle said...

I just would like to know if we have the same wiring/components etc.

I mean 164, 165, pull down resistors.
If Owen and Jordan gives us their wiring / components schematics, we could walk on the same way for further testing etc etc

Tomasz Kaye said...

I think we have the same stuff. I'll check your schematic what its online and let you know for sure.